Monday, November 9, 2009

Mommy Mode

People ask me all the time, "How is life with twins?" Motherhood is motherhood no matter how many kids you have. You start doing things that probably make you look a little crazy. I was telling my sister about some of the odd habits I have picked up and she thought they were much funnier than I did and told me I should blog about it. So, Rachel, this is for you.

This conversation happened during Sacrament Meeting while both girls were sleeping.
Dallin: "I'm tired."
Me: "We'll get you home, feed you, and put you to bed."

No, I was not trying to be comical and as soon as I said it I realized what I said and Dallin and I both had a terrible case of the giggles during Sacrament Meeting.

I'm so used to holding a baby in my arms and every once in a while leaning over to give her a kiss on the head that I've started kissing anything in my hands. I've kissed straws, forks, bottles...etc. Dallin finds this very entertaining and keeps a tally of everything that I've kissed subconsciously.

Am I completely crazy?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's hilarious :) I haven't kissed any random objects yet, but I do call everyone "baby" and I rock anytime I am standing or sitting still - and it does make me feel like a crazy person. But it's a good crazy.

Nan said...

Any mother can relate. Do you ever find yourself rocking back and forth and then realize there is nothing to rock?

Jude and Ashley said...

Hehe...I can relate. Especially with rocking back and forth when you are holding absolutely nothing.

Brooke said...

that's funny. and no, you're not crazy. i kiss random things all of the time all because of my kids.
your kids are so cute.

Lindsay Anne said...

Hahaha thats awwwwwesome. you remind me so much of mom.

Melany said...

haha this was so funny to read. i totally know what you mean - being a mom definitely changes your mannerisms. the other day paul asked for a pretzel and instead of handing it to him i just wedged it in the side of his mouth so he couldn't spit it out like penny does. so funny! :)