Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Deep in the heart of Texas....


We figured since we are in Austin and I consider myself a Texan we better pay our respects and visit the state capitol. We weren't actually planning on going, but we happened to be downtown and decided to stop in and snap a few pictures.

The purpose of our trip downtown was to go to Townlake, which I think is actually the Colorado River not a lake, Texans are weird. Townlake is awesome. It's a lake/river in practically a jungle in the middle of a city. It's conveniently close to everything, yet doesn't have the annoyances of a big city. You feel like you are camping. Our purpose for this particular trip was to go kayaking (hence the sweating face/no makeup look in the pictures). That was sooo much fun by the way. They have night kayaking is a few weeks and I'm sure we will check it out. Anyway, if you are ever in the Austin area it's a fun place.



Dallin and I looking looking fabulous inside the Texas State Capitol.

Megan Standing on the sweet marble state seal.


Dallin in the Texas House of Representatives.


6 comments:

Briann said...

How Cool! It sounds like you guys are really enjoying your time there!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Yes Megan dear, you are definitely a Texan! I am SO happy you have a blog! Yay!

Unknown said...

Hey Megan! Looks like you guys are having fun :) We miss you around here. James is all pathetic because he's learning all these new computer things and doesn't have anyone to get all excited about them with. And I miss hanging out with you in R.S. and talking. But I hope you guys are having a blast in Texas - looks like a lot of fun. And thanks for visiting the blog and commenting. It warmed the cockles of my heart :P

Ashley said...

Megan!! How are you? Its so funny that when I looked at your blog it was a blog about Texas. Because When I think of you I think of Texas Pride! hahaha.. but your not the only one. I have met a couple more Texans and they are all just as full of pride as you! I am happy to see you have a blog. I think of you from time to time and wonder how you are doing and what you are doing with your life. Now we can keep up! Where do you live when your in Utah... I will be living in Logan in September.. Got to love Utah!

Briann said...

I Know I wish you guys were here too! BUT you will see her soon after!