Friday, April 3, 2009

Twins!


Wow, were we surprised! We went in for my 20 week ultrasound and not only are we having 1 girl, but we are having 2 girls! I'm still a little shocked, and very nervous!

They are Fraternal and looking healthy so far. They are a little small, so they pushed the due date back a week, but also said if they aren't here by 38 weeks they will probably induce me, so still plan on early August. As of right now they are just "Baby A" (much lower and will be the 1st one out) and "Baby B" (the one that's always kicking me in the stomach). Now that I know I'm having twins I don't feel so bad about the above average amount of weight I've gained. I now feel comfortable putting a picture up of my big belly like many of you have requested.
I'm so excited that my little girls will have each other! I always wanted to be a twin when I was a little kid, but I never thought about having one (or 2 I guess)! It will be an adventure!

15 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Oh WOW! Congrats Megan...that is a total surprise. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy and labor.

Melany said...

OH MY GOSH!!! that is so exciting! i hope everything goes well. congrats!!!

Melissa P said...

That is so awesome!!! Congratulations! Keep your blog updated with how your doing~ and yes post pictures! I love pregnancy photos! yay!!!!!!!

Brooke said...

wow that's amazing and so exciting. i hope you don't mind but i'm going to pass the news on to my fam.
wasn't your dad a twin?

:: ashley :: said...

I can't even imagine juggling 2 babies, you will be an example to us all! I am so excited for you, that's crazy!!! Get EVERY minute of sleep you can now haha, I don't think you'll have much in a few months.

Shaunanana said...

Hey - I just found your blog and thought I'd tell you congrats! That's super-exciting that you're having twins - and both girls! How fun will that be! I wish you the best of luck!

Shauna Bastian

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Man... I still am having trouble believing it, even with the ultrasound pictures. This is so exciting! :) Congratulations and just know I'm here for you (I imagine you might be feeling a little overwhelmed?). Let us know if you need ANYTHING. :)

Cory & Alli said...

Wow!!! Congrats! That's so fun!

Michelleo said...

Hey Megan! I'm so excited for you! Congrats! Wow, two down! Good luck,
Michelle (Bastian) Juett

The Wright Fam said...

I am SOOO excited for you guys!!! What a fun adventure you guys have ahead of you, they are two lucky little girls to have you as a mom!! I hope you and your sweet babies continue to be healthy and strong!

Jason and Jennifer said...

Wow! Congrats! Girls are so much fun, I'm sure you will be very busy here soon. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.

Eddie and Amber said...

Holy Cow! I am shocked! So much for thinking it was a boy. You get double the trouble. YAY!! We are so happy for you guys.

Briann said...

I still can't believe you are having twins! I can't wait to go shopping for you! It would be so cute to get the twins and leah a matching outfit for pictures! Congrats again!

Jude and Ashley said...

congratulations Meg! That is so exciting. They are going to be such good friends. My girls are 14 months apart and I love it!

Natalie said...

I have been thinking about you all weekend since I heard the news on NUS. I am so sosososososo excited for you! I cannot wait :)