Friday, March 5, 2010

Moo, Baa, La La La!!


A cow says Moo.
A Sheep says Baa.
Three singing pigs say LA LA LA!
"No, no!" you say, "that isn't right. The pigs say oink all day and night."
Rhinoceroses snort and snuff.
And little dogs go ruff ruff ruff!
Some other dogs go bow wow wow!
And cats and kittens say Meow!
Quack! Says the duck.
A horse says neigh.
It's quiet now. What do you say?

Sadly, I recited the entire book without even checking to make sure I have it right. I know I have it right. Down to which animal "says" and which "goes". This is Avery's favorite book. I read it at least 5 times a day. She doesn't care if she's looking at the book or not. If she won't eat her mashed carrots, I just say "The cow says moo" and she looks up with a big grin on her face and I slip them in.

Our favorite comedian is Brian Regan and I am convinced he is talking about this book in one of his jokes. Here's a link to the video to see for yourself.

http://comedians.comedycentral.com/brian-regan/videos/brian-regan---animal-sounds

4 comments:

Nan said...

So funny, Megan! I can still recite some of the books I used to read my kids. We love Brian Regan too. I'd never heard this clip. Thanks!

Briann said...

That is hilarious! Leah loves those books too! Her favorite is one with a turkey and she giggles everytime

Sheri said...

Our fave toddler author - love it love it love it!

Lindsay Anne said...

hahaha i love.